Things I love Thursday -LFW.

I've done something a little different for Things I love Thursday this week, and based my post on London Fashion Week. I've collected a few designs and collections from LFW that are my favorite and thought I'd share them with you lovely people who follow my blog.


Here are a few beautiful prints on some garments that caught my eye,  the adorable bird inspired print is by Henry Holland and was seen printed over a cute day dress. The last two are by designer Mary Katrantzou, her bold prints were seen over her lampshade shaped skirts. 

'It was amazing - she just embraces print. There was print on print and so 'many different prints, there was structure and it was all very held in but very opulent at the same time''- Vogue's Calgary Avansino. 

Here is a picture of her trademark lampshade shaped skirt, although the dramatic mixed prints instantly grab your attention the silhouette is just as empowering. My favorite thing about this outfit is the floral vine printed leggings which reminds me of the work of William Morris, I'm going to have to find a pair myself hopefully on the high street.  The panels of black on the body of the dress  emphasises the shape of the dress but also puts more pressure on to the bold colours of it's print. 

Another collection I adored was by Giles Deacon, the whole line seemed to be prints and monochrome with a hints of gold and a lot of feathers. (Picture below on right) It was simplistic and luxurious with the main feature being the structure of the garments and their beautiful silhouettes.   

“Austere, not austerity. I thought about the nineteenth century obsession with female hysteria; something buttoned-up, but at the same time with something completely wild lurking underneath.” - Giles

I must be honest, the whole trench coat thing has bored me over the past few years and seemed a very repetitive trend. But then there was Burberrys Christopher Bailey's A/W 11/12 collection. With their amazing bright coloured and renewed shape I fell in love a little. The colour on the picture on the left is so bright and modern that I actually cant wait for next winter when I'm shopping for my new coat. 

“It was very modern and clear and directional, one believes there is only so many ways to make a trench coat but this has really broken the mould and moved it on.” -  Licundia Chambers of Vogue.




Thanks guys! xxx

1 comment:

  1. aww what a good idea. A really clever way of seeing all the prints too !

    ReplyDelete